School tours are available by request only on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday
or Thursday afternoons starting approximately at 4:00 p.m.
If interested in requesting a school tour, please call 631 587 – 8000 x 113 or email Admissions@sjbdhs.org.
Shadow Program @SJB
The Shadow program @ SJB was established to help students experience the daily routine of the Saint John's community. Eight grade students who have a desire to attend St. John's can come and spend part of the school day with a 9th grade student.
Shadowing is open to eight grade students who have registered for the CHSEE exam or have submitted an application directly to St. John's (because they missed the entrance exam). The program is limited to students who are unfamiliar with St. John's because they did not attend our Open House. Students with siblings at St. John's are not encouraged to participate.
Signing up for A Day @ SJB
- All inquiries for the shadow program should be emailed to us at Admissions@sjbdhs.org. Please do not call the Admissions Office for a shadow appointment.
- Include the following information in your email:
- Student's name and current school.
- If you know a specific SJB 9th grader and want to shadow them, please list his/her name. (Students can only shadow with a 9th grade student.)
- Include your extra-curricular interests (sports, performing arts, etc. . . .)
- Once we have received your email request, we will send you an appointment e-mail which will include a permission slip along with other pertinent information.
- Space is limited to 4 students per day. Therefore, please include 4 possible shadow date choices from the list below:
|Shadow Dates: 2016 – 2017
||Program has finished for this school year
||except for new transfers.
||Please contact Sr. Terry 631-587-8000
||ex113 for questions pertaining to
- Students should arrive at 9:45 a.m. and are to be picked up at 2:00 p.m.
- Upon arrival at SJB, they should report to the General Office.
- A complimentary lunch will be provided or they can bring their own lunch.
- Dress code information will be included in your appointment email.