Italian Rainbow Cookie Cake
|Italian Rainbow Cookie Cake
3 sticks butter, softened
1½ cups sugar
6 large eggs
12 oz Almond Paste, Grated
1 tablespoon Almond Extract
1 cup Milk
3 cups Flour, sifted
3 teaspoons Baking Powder
Red, Yellow & Green Food Coloring
¼ cup seedless Raspberry Jam
¼ cup apricot preserves
1 cup Heavy Cream
12 oz Chocolate
1. Cream butter & sugar until fluffy, about 5 minutes.
2. Add the eggs & continue to beat for 3 more minutes.
3. Add in almond paste & extract & mix until combined.
4. In a separate bowl, combine flour & baking powder.
5. In batches, alternate adding the milk & flour to the mixer and mix until everything is combined.
6. Separate batter into 3 different bowls and dye 1 red, 1 yellow & 1 green.
7. Pour each mixture into a 9” prepared cake pan. Bake at 350° for 20 –
25 minutes. Let cool for 5 minutes before inverting cakes onto a
cooling rack. Cool completely before assembly.
8. While cakes are baking, make the chocolate ganache. Heat heavy cream
in a saucepan just until bubbles start to form around the edges. Place
chocolate in a bowl & pour cream over the chocolate. Stir
continuously until melted & smooth.
9. Starting with the pink layer, spread the raspberry jam over the cake
until it reaches the edges. Top with the yellow layer. Spread the
apricot preserves on top. Top with the green layer. Spoon the ganache
over the top & sides. Let sit for 1 – 2 hours until completely set.
Back to SJB Culinary Club