Linguine alla Carbonara
1 lb Linguine
2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
8 ounces of Pancetta, cubed
½ large Onion, chopped
6 cloves of Garlic, finely chopped
10 oz box Frozen Peas
4 large eggs
1 cup Parmesan Cheese
Fresh Parsley, chopped
** Must make sauce while pasta is cooking. The heat of the pasta will cook the eggs**
1. Cook the linguine.
2. Heat olive oil in a large skillet. Add the pancetta & onion and cook for about 5 minutes.
3. Add the garlic and frozen peas and cook for another minute.
4. In a separate bowl, beat the eggs well and add the parmesan cheese. Add black pepper to taste.
5. Drain the pasta, reserving the pasta water and add it to the skillet. Coat the strand of pasta with the pancetta mixture.
6. Turn off the heat and add the egg mixture to the pasta, stirring constantly!
7. Use the reserved pasta water to thin out the sauce.
8. Add the chopped Parsley on top.
Back to SJB Culinary Club