Loaded Potato Soup
2 teaspoons olive oil
½ cup pre chopped onion
1 ¼ cups chicken broth
3 tablespoons flour
2 cups of milk
¼ cup sour cream
½ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon black pepper
3 bacon slices
1/3 cup cheddar cheese
1. Peel Potatoes, cut into eighths and boil in water until soft (10-15 mins)
2. In a separate pot heat oil over medium high heat. Add onion and sautee 5 minutes. Add chicken broth.
3. Combine flour and ½ cup milk add to pan with the remaining milk
4. Bring to a boil and stir often. Cook for 1 minute after boiling.
5. Remove from heat, stir in sour cream, salt and pepper.
6. Add cooked potatoes to the cream mixture, gently mash potatoes
7. Cook and crumble bacon. Add to soup.
8. Serve with cheese.
Back to SJB Culinary Club